wdxLibrary for .docx output
I've just finished my home opensource project and I'm ready to share the results with you.
I've been coding for ARIS Platform (scripts, macros) for many years. And there was a lot of situations when I needed to make special formatting in report, but standard output functions didn't allow to meet these requirements.
A few months ago I faced the obstacle again. I had to create a footnote in output. But there was no functionality neither for footnotes nor endnotes. Yes, I know about POI library. I have read a post about it on this forum, but POI has many other restrictions. Also you can't change it on the fly to make a specific output quicker.
That's why I decided to create own JS library for .docx output. It's called wdxLibrary. It works over OpenXML4J and ooxml-schemas.
It has next features:
- Sections and their properties
- Columns of the page
- Special text formatting (any formatting you can find in ECMA standards)
- Special paragraph formatting
- Fields (page number, table of contents etc)
- Tables, table rows, table cells and their properties
- Hyperlinks (internal and external)
- Numbered and bulleted lists (including multilevel lists)
- Embedded files
- Graphic output
- “Native” styles of document
You can find this library here https://github.com/kitmarty/wdxLibrary. Don't forget about readme file. Hope you'll find wdxLibrary useful. It works in ARIS 7.2 and 9.8 (9.6). I don't have an opportunity to test it on ARIS 10.
In attached file you can find some formatting you can get if you use wdxLibrary. This file was generated using it.
It's possible to use base of wdxLibrary to develop same libraries for .xlsx and .pptx.