I have the following a bit unusual challenge:
1. I can access, from a browser, https://myArisServer.X.com
2. When I open this link first time (assume cold start browser), my proxy first places a cookie on my PC, then it retrieves my ARIS Connect html from myArisServer.X.com
Then, I can download the "Initial JAR" for the fat client (ARIS Architect) via the browser - no problem
I start the Initial JAR, but:
The Initial JAR attempts to download the client from myArisServer.X.com. Since the proxy on first call needs to place a cookie at my computer, the first file received (should be a ZIP containing the client) is actually replaced by the cookie that the proxy provides. Subsequent downloaded files pass through the proxy fine.
So, the question becomes: Is there any way I can get make the "Initial Jar" handle the situation where the first call to ARIS server returns a cookie from the proxy, rather than a file? My current guesses are that the following approaches are feasible:
1. Switch to the Connect Editor - scrap the Java fat client
2. Perform a complete local installation of fat client, and then convince the local fat client to handle that first cookie from the proxy
3. Avoid the proxy by some VPN tricks
4 or: Is there a way that Is there any way I can get make the "Initial Jar" handle the situation where the first call to ARIS server returns a cookie from the proxy, rather than a file?
NB: The proxy 'is a http/https proxy'. It is not a firewall, Netscaler or similar.