Set default connection alignment
Specify how you want connections to be aligned in new models or in the current model:
- Open the model for which you want to specify the connection alignment.
- Right-click in the model window, and select Properties. The Model properties dialog opens.
- Enable the entry Format/Connections.
- Enable the New connections only right-angled check box to use only right-angled connections in your model.
Disable the New connections only right-angled check box to also use diagonal connections in your model.
- Enable the Use as default check box if you want the settings to apply to all future models. Thus, the settings for connections of the Options dialog (View/Options) are applied.
- Click on OK to close the dialog.
When creating connections, their alignment is generated based on your settings.
After creating connections, you can also specify their alignment to be right-angled or diagonal. To do this, select the corresponding connections, click on the selection, and on Format/Representation. Enable or disable the Connections only right-angled check box.
If a connection runs diagonally and you assign a right-angled alignment to it, the connection immediately becomes right-angled. If a connection runs right-angled and you disable the Connections only right-angled check box, the connection alignment will remain right-angled until you change it.