Hy to everybody,

I would like to report the following anomaly, with use of Aris Business Architect or Aris Business Desginer. Sometimes some labels (titles) on the aris’s diagram (like EPC or EPCs), are displayed in german language, although we have italian language licenses. Now, we are using ARIS with release : . How can we resolve this problem ? Are there some fix with 7.1 release of ARIS ?   Thank you in advance Charly
by Sebastian Stein
Posted on Tue, 06/30/2009 - 13:53

Hi Steven,

you are probably talking about the "method language". ARIS has 3 different language settings:

  • interface language (i.e. language used for all menus)
  • database language (i.e. language you use to name your models and objects)
  • method language (i.e. language used for officially naming model types, object types, attribute types, etc.)

Interface language and method language are client specific, but database language is a central setting defined for each database.

To change the method language, choose from the main menu: View -> Options -> General (in the tree on the left). In this dialog you can change both languages. This works in ARIS Business Architect and ARIS Business Designer.



by Luis Soto Barros
Posted on Thu, 07/03/2014 - 17:29

In reply to by sstein

Hi Sebastian, 

I was Google it a problem and i found you talking something about that.

Where I’m working they provided me ARIS Designer with English language as filter, so I design process in Spanish with that filter. Then I had to translate the process to English, but this time was with Spanish filter, so I design the process in different language filters. (database language)

So my question is, can I interchange the process for some easy and quickly way? Or just I have to do it manually.


thanks in advance.

Regards and sorry if my English is not perfect.

by Steven Charly Author
Posted on Wed, 07/01/2009 - 12:02

Thank you for your answer, even if unfortunately I would like to signal to you that setting the 3 different language options to Italian an anomaly is introduced . When I require a new model, the list visualized of the models is in German language (es: EPK(splatendarstellung)) and also the labels of the model EPC. If i set ( all 3 options) the English language , Aris Bus. Architect works correctly. Now, You can understand our difficulty to work with a mix of Italian and German language.

Thanks still


by Sebastian Stein
Posted on Wed, 07/01/2009 - 12:46

Hi Steven,

it might be that there is no Italian translation for the method language available. If no translation is available, always the German version is displayed. I'm not sure if there should be an Italian version of the method language. Please contact our support hotline so that they can figure this out for you.

Anyway, thanks for bringing up this issue.



Featured achievement

Say hello to the ARIS Community! Personalize your community experience by following forums or tags, liking a post or uploading a profile picture.
Recent Unlocks


There is still some space in this week's top 5 for you - this is your chance to become one of our top members of this week. Register now to start collecting points!
icon-arrow-down icon-arrow-cerulean-left icon-arrow-cerulean-right icon-arrow-down icon-arrow-left icon-arrow-right icon-arrow icon-back icon-close icon-comments icon-correct-answer icon-tick icon-download icon-facebook icon-flag icon-google-plus icon-hamburger icon-in icon-info icon-instagram icon-login-true icon-login icon-mail-notification icon-mail icon-mortarboard icon-newsletter icon-notification icon-pinterest icon-plus icon-rss icon-search icon-share icon-shield icon-snapchat icon-star icon-tutorials icon-twitter icon-universities icon-videos icon-views icon-whatsapp icon-xing icon-youtube icon-jobs icon-heart icon-heart2 aris-express bpm-glossary help-intro help-design Process_Mining_Icon help-publishing help-administration help-dashboarding help-archive help-risk icon-knowledge icon-question icon-events icon-message icon-more icon-pencil forum-icon