Whatever the topic, whatever the platform, ARIS is THE tool of choice as it supports all kind of business modeling and contents you may need. We have prepared a short review for your reuse and links to Very Useful Materials! Enjoy!
- Starting with the classical EPC - event-driven process chain – as one of the central modeling notation in ARIS, ARIS integrates all relevant business perspectives, describes processes in detail on a procedural level and is of course embedded in the overall ARIS process landscape. Review our EPC cheat sheet to get a full overview on the notation. Download your copy of the ARIS EPC cheat sheet and do not hesitate to share with nice colleagues or to print it for your own review!
- BPMN 2.0 is just one step away and is much appreciated in many countries and projects for its strong capabilities for importing, exporting and roundtripping. Of course ARIS supports the BPMN 2.0 standards. But BPMN 2.0 in ARIS is unique as ARIS extends the standard with the business perspective and that what makes it so powerful. ARIS has successfully submitted the entire test suite of the BPMN Model Interchange Working Group (MIWG) with great results. Want to have more insights? Review the BPMN 2.0 in ARIS cheat sheet and the detailed TECHniques BPMN 2.0 in ARIS article.
- By the way ARIS doesn't stop with BPMN 2.0 but enforces other standards. ARIS is an early adopter of the DMN 1.2b standard and supports it since October 2018 on. This means that you are able to combine BPMN 2.0 diagrams with DMN decision models in ARIS.
- Still not enough modeling areas? Leading an SAP projects and setting on process-driven thinking? ARIS for SAP Solutions offers you exactly the right tools and objects to make sure your SAP project will drive to success. Learn more on click here. Cheat Sheet in the making :-)
- Just in case you didn’t know – of course you can also describe processes from the customer perspective. Our Customer Journey Mapping capabilities offer several model types so that you can put customer at the heart of your business!
- If course we are always adapting and extending the ARIS methodology depending on new topics play a role for business processes – that’s the case for IoT and RPA two “trends” that do impact on business process design
- Combine business processes with the technical IoT design? Of course! IoT-driven business transformation offers a methodology for designing and managing new IoT objects in dedicated model types. In addition, IoT objects can be imported directly from Cumulocity, Software AG’s cloud-based IoT device integration platform. Alternatively, IoT objects can be defined in ARIS both in their technical context—including sensor and actuator components, data protocols and device connectivity—and business context—with risks and business events. Want to learn more, check our factsheet on IoT driven process design
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation) is an important technology for the digital transformation. Managing robots is key for scaling automation up and raising synergies between business units. The newest version of ARIS 10 SR8 – planned for April 16th - comes with an innovative approach to describe RPA enabled processes and activities as well as the robots itself and connect them to the existing process landscape – no matter if you use BPMN or EPC.
And OMG - we did not even mention Enterprise Architecture or GRC!!!!!
Want to make sure you get the latest news on freedom of modeling? Follow and like this post to get notifications.
And if you've got any feedback, pls. feel free to share with us :-)
Freedom as a Model <3
PS: there are many more ways to transform Freedom as a Service to ARIS – so stay tuned!